- Measures distances between one and 250 cm (one to 100 in.)
- Accurate to +/- 1 cm (+/- 0.394 in.)
- Front illumination is constant while emitting and blinks while listening
- Returns True if other ultrasonic sound is recognized
- Auto-ID is built into the EV3 Software
£31.00 (excl. VAT) £37.20 (incl. VAT)
Need another EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor?
The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor generates sound waves and reads their echoes to detect and measure distance from objects. It can also send single sound waves to work as sonar or listen for a sound wave that triggers the start of a program.
In the classroom, students could design a traffic-monitoring system and measure distances between vehicles, or simply stop their robot from crashing into a wall!
Using the EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor creates a great opportunity for students to discover how the technology is used in everyday items such as automatic doors, cars, and manufacturing systems. Robotics is all around us!