TRAINING 21st August 2018: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Training session held in London. Ambassadors can work with schools anywhere in the UK.
Amazing CPD opportunity: LEGO® and the Year of Engineering – Needs You!
The Year of Engineering is a government initiative, which celebrates the world and wonder of engineering and aims to change the perception of engineering among children aged 7-16. It also sits alongside the Government’s Industrial Strategy which is committed to boosting engineering across the UK and securing the pipeline of budding engineers by ensuring everyone has the skills needed to thrive in a modern economy. As a STEM Ambassador, you are key to the success of this Initiative!
As part of this initiative, LEGO have offered to open its doors and support the training of 25 STEM Ambassadors from across the UK in the use of its LEGO Education WeDo 2.0. The WeDo Core Set enables the designing, building and programming of robotic creations. You can build and program simple and exciting robots using familiar LEGO® bricks that you know and love, as well as more technical LEGO elements that introduce concepts related to machines and mechanisms.
We will provide a fun, hands on, one day training session for you (in either Newcastle Upon Tyne or London) which will be delivered by a LEGO Certified Trainer. Once you have been trained up we ask that you go into two primary schools, equipped with your new LEGO WeDo skills and your passion for STEM. LEGO will give you a FREE WeDo 2.0 Core Set and two additional kits, one for each of your primary schools – which is theirs to keep so they can keep the learning process going once you have ignited their passion. Bring on the engineers of the future!
We are looking for people who are:
• Registered STEM Ambassadors
• Can attend a days training in August 2018
• Passionate and enthusiastic and who love the combination of learning and fun!
• Able to identify and work with 2 primary schools where not enough children – especially girls – think engineering could be for them
• Attend one days training on the use of LEGO Education WeDo 2.0
• Arrange and deliver 1 day of training for each eligible primary school
• Make a follow-up visit to provide any additional support and evaluate impact