FIRST LEAGUE CHALLENGE
Age: 9 to 16
John, Raising Robots Trainer and big Challenge fan…
What is it?
FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge is a global STEM competition for 9-16 year olds. Working in teams (10 max), young people work together to identify a problem based on the annual theme, design an innovative solution and share the problem and solution with others! They also build and program an autonomous robot using LEGO Education SPIKE Prime to complete exciting, mat-based missions in the Robot Game!
At the end of each season, teams showcase their projects and robots on Tournament Day… the perfect way to celebrate every team’s achievements!
This hands-on STEM programme gives young people the opportunity to apply and develop their STEM skills whilst developing their teamwork, critical thinking, research, communication and confidence – whilst having fun!
What you need to do…
- Decide if you would like to run FLL Challenge as a Class Pack (as part of the curriculum for your whole class) with an in-school celebration event OR as a Team Event (for a team of up to 10 as an extra-curricular activity) with a place at a Regional Event where teams compete against other local teams, with the chance to go on to compete at the National Finals – and even International competitions!
- Register with the IET to take part in FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge and receive the resources you need
What you need from Raising Robots:
x1 LEGO Education SPIKE Prime and Expansion Set per team of 10
What Raising Robots can offer you…
• Teacher Training (online or face-to-face) on getting started with SPIKE Prime and FLL Challenge
• Ongoing expert support and advice
• Additional SPIKE Prime and Expansion Sets to support your teaching of STEM